Partnerships and collective impact initiatives are multiplying in Canada, as cross-sectorial collaborators come together to positively advance social issues. Partnering can be highly challenging to those involved and often fall short of expectations. The people involved in making partnerships happen are key to the partnering success.
We offer 3 main partnership training courses:
Introduction to Partnerships
Partnerships are hard work and without proper training, even the simplest ones can fail. This one-day course introduces the fundamentals and helps you deepen the value from your partnerships.
Partnership training teaches what it takes to design and deliver real value through collaboration. Our team has been certified by the Partnership Brokers Association to offer training that builds understanding and capacity around partnership all with the goal of deeper value and impact.
Partnership Brokers Training
The four-day, foundational Partnership Brokers Training course is an intensive skills development course for those brokering and managing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
This is the only professional training currently available for those operating as partnership intermediaries and is offered in collaboration with the internationally recognized Partnership Brokers Association.
This skills training will equip you with:
- Tools, techniques and skills development for brokering partnerships that get results
- Enhanced confidence and competence as partnership practitioners
- A framework and knowledge for robust, efficient and innovative partnerships
- Understanding common principles, barriers and enablers of multi-stakeholder collaborations
- Ways to overcome common partnership brokering challenges (both for those working internally and independently) and ways to overcome these
- Personal and professional insights into the roles, skills and competencies needed in building successful collaborations
- Membership of a global professional association of partnership brokers offering support, research, networks and further development opportunities.
“I have enjoyed a number of wonderful professional development opportunities throughout my career, but this course is certainly at the top of that list! I believe the content, expert instruction, and inspiring colleagues form a magical product that is second to none!”
Course graduate (Public Sector, Canada)
Partnering for Funders
This course is catered exclusively to funders and is designed to address the unique issues that may arise in these situations.
This course, run in collaboration with the Partnership Brokers Association, explores the opportunities for partnerships to advance philanthropy’s goals, as well as their challenges. The workshop will combine an overview of partnering principles; frameworks and practices with an exploration of the role donors can play in more effectively facilitating and supporting partnerships.
This course can be customized to meet the needs of your organization. Contact us for more information.